Please refer to the following list of requirements and qualifications as a concise guide to establishing the level of entry onto the ABE programmes.
CertificateNo formal qualifications are required but applicants should demonstrate competence in English by the attainment of one of the following:
- British Council - Intermediate Certificate in English/Upper Advanced Certificate in English
- LCCI - English for Business (EFB) 1st or 2nd level
- Pitman/City and Guilds - English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)/English for Business and Communication
DiplomaApplicants must have obtained one of the following:
- ABE Certificate
- Two "A" Level passes plus four GCSE passes at Grade A, B or C, two of which must be English and Maths
- Overseas qualifications which may be accepted by the Registrar as being equivalent to the above
- ABE also welcomes applications from candidates without formal qualifications who have been in appropriate employment for at least two years. A reference letter from employer(s) must accompany such applications
Advanced DiplomaApplicants must have obtained one of the following:
The decision of the Council as to the suitability of the candidate shall be final.
- ABE Diploma
- A UK Honours Degree or Overseas equivalent
- Other recognised qualifications of approved Overseas Institutes of Higher Education